The aim of this introductory course is to equip students with fundamental digital literacy skills that are essential for their day-to-day activities.
- Using the Microsoft Word application to create documents in a professional way by applying different themes, designs, and built-in formatting features in addition to the use of different types of objects.
- Using the Microsoft PowerPoint application to create compelling presentations that include high quality slides with images, videos, animations, and effective transitions.
- Using the Microsoft Excel application to store and arrange data related to any field, and take advantage of its robust built-in functions and features to apply on the stored data.
- Using the Microsoft Outlook application to store data related to one’s contacts and send and receive emails effectively.
- Using the Microsoft OneDrive application to store files, share them if needed, and access them whenever desired.
Status: Accreditation pending Qualification Type: Award
ECTS: 1 Duration: 5 days
Mode of delivery/attendance: Face-to-face/full-time
Hours of total learning: 25 hours (Contact: 16 hours/ Assessment: 5 hours)
Language of instruction: English/French or Arabic
Address: Training Institute on Migration Capacity Partnership for the Mediterranean (MCP Med TI), Development House, 4A, St Anne Street, Floriana, Malta.
A full mark implies uninterrupted attendance through the full course of studies.
- Participation and interaction
Correct application of skills 10% Active engagement in discussions, practical exercises and general Q/A sessions 10%
- Final Exam
Assessed topic Duration Weight in % Methodology 1. Microsoft Word 60 minutes 14% Participants will be asked to create a Word document following specific instructions 2. Microsoft PowerPoint 60 minutes 14% Participants will be asked to create a PowerPoint presentation following specific instructions 3. Microsoft Excel 60 minutes 14% Participants will be asked to create an Excel workbook following specific instructions 4. Microsoft Outlook 60 minutes 14% Participants will be asked to answer multiple-choice and True or False questions 5. Microsoft OneDrive 60 minutes 14% Participants will be asked to answer multiple-choice and True or False questions
Final exams will be conducted during the training period as per the course structure as shared above.
The passing grade for successful completion of programme: 60%
- Dates for next intake: N/A
- Educational programme fees: N/A
- Registration method: N/A
Using Computers and Managing Files (75minutes)
Using MS-Word Application (75 minutes)
Creating documents (75 minutes)
Formatting documents (75 minutes)
Working with objects (75 minutes)
Using MS-PowerPoint Application (75 minutes)
Working with Text and Objects (75 minutes)
Adding Transitions and Animations (75 minutes)
MS Word Exam (60 minutes)
MS PowerPoint Exam (60 minutes)
Using the Excel Application (75 minutes)
Formatting Spreadsheets (105 minutes)
Creating formulas (75 minutes)
Inserting functions (75 minutes)
Creating charts (75 minutes)
Using Microsoft Outlook Application (120 minutes)
Microsoft Excel Exam (60 minutes)
Microsoft Outlook Exam (60 minutes)
Using Microsoft OneDrive Application (75 minutes)
Microsoft OneDrive Exam (60 minutes)